I hope you sense the underlying romanticism as you read our posts and view the videos. Those of us who grew up in the 50’s and 60’s forget that socially, it was a completely different world. In that world, people knew, were a lot kinder to, and helped one another each and every day. As I look back now, it was truly a universal gift that we shared with everyone.
Make it a goal to do at least one of the following each and every day:
- Curb your cynicism.
- Compliment someone (the verbal equivalent of a hug)
- When you see someone in need, help them if you can.
- Spend at least 15 minutes each day with yourself and your thoughts.
- Do not raise your voice in anger or frustration.
- Enjoy the magical sights, sounds and smells of nature.
- Call an old friend just to say hello.
- Respect the misfortune of others… it could be you.
- Pick an age and listen to a favorite song and cherish the memories.
None of these things cost money, take a whole lot of forethought or planning, and yet can be some of the best gifts we receive this year. Christmas is about giving. Give of yourself and celebrate the spirit of Christmas every day. You may find yourself getting through difficult days just a bit easier, and wouldn’t that be a great gift…